Cheap Family Vacations
Finding Cheap Family Vacations that don't break the bank can be hard. Let's face it, going on vacation can be expensive! It always comes down to money.
My family loves to travel. I like to make sure I am getting
the absolute best value for my money when taking my family on vacation.Nothing
is more irritating than when the person checking in next to you has paid half
the rate you paid for the exact same room or airline ticket! Unfortunately, it
happens a lot more than you think.
Cheap Family Vacations is dedicated to helping people find the best family friendly vacations that are affordable and fun for everyone. Our goal is to help families afford to go on vacations and trips.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas
The Memories Will Last a Lifetime
Vacations are important time for bonding and making unforgettable memories. It's nice to escape from the daily grind of work, bills and school and be able to focus on just having fun with your family.
We have put together the Best Top 10 Family Vacation lists. You’re bound to find great ideas and a destination that will appeal to everyone in your family. Along with tips on when, where and how to find the cheapest rates, best times to travel to each destination and how to save money when you get there.
How to Book a Cheap Family Vacation:
Here are a few basic ideas when looking for cheap family vacations. Keep in mind, each one of our top destination pages will have its own set of tips and how to find the best deals for that destination. These are simple guidelines to follow when booking any family vacation.
- Book your family vacation to start on a Monday if you can. Try to stay away from Friday and Saturday nights, as they are typically the most expensive nights and will add extra cost to your vacation.
- If you can, don't travel during the holidays. Prices are double and sometimes triple during holidays. The best time to book your cheap family vacations is off season. If you still need to travel during the holidays, book right before or after for better rates.
- Always look for a hotel or condo with a kitchen or kitchenette. This will allow you to cook most of your meals instead of going out to eat. No sense spending all your cash on food.
- If you do plan on going out to eat, do your research first. Check the restaurants you want to go to on line, look at reviews, and menus. Always make sure they have a kids menu, and if they don't, have your kids be prepared to split a meal to save some cash. Look for happy hours and early bird specials....these are great, because there most likely won't be a long wait during these times. Find out if they take reservations, this will go a long way to making your family happy. Who wants to spend half the night waiting for table? Not me, or your kids.
- Talk to your kids before you go about souvenirs. Let them know in advance what you have budgeted for them to spend, or if they need to save their own cash to purchase souvenirs from their family vacation. Nothing is worse than shopping and having your kids ask for everything in the store, only to have to say No. Make them responsible and help them learn the value of a dollar. My younger son is very frugal; he typically takes his souvenir money and saves it. He's only 9, but he wants to save for a car.
- If you're driving and you booked that room with the kitchen, bring a cooler and food from home. This will save you from having to spend your weeks grocery budget when you get to your destination, wouldn't it be nice to use that grocery money for eating 1 meal out a day?
- Try to use coupons for your groceries in the weeks leading up to your vacation. You might be able to score some cheap snacks to take with you on your trip, and the cash you save can be put towards your vacation fund.
- Make a budget and stick to it. Cheap vacations don't just happen you have to plan for them.
- Plan, plan, plan. Planning will ensure you stick to your budget. Before we leave for our trip, I know exactly how much I'm going to spend. From gas, to eating out, I have a budget and I stick to it.
Check out our picks for the: Top 10 Cheap Family Vacations.
In these pages, you will find my secrets to booking the top cheap, family friendly vacations.
Whether it’s a trip to Disney world, a cruise to the Caribbean, playing on the beaches of South Carolina or skiing in Tahoe. I have the secrets to help you afford the trip you and your family have been dreaming of.
Check out all our pages to find the top friendly family vacations, and info for planning your trip.
Now start planning your
cheap family vacation
Cheap Vacation Tips
E-zine for more money saving ideas